Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother’s Day

There is quite a difference of opinion between my two children about Mother’s Day. My daughter, bless her heart, always sends me a little something with a card to acknowledge Mother’s Day. Probably because she is a mother herself, I expect, and appreciates recognition from her own family. This is what she sent me this year, some lovely Spring bulbs. I will certainly get years of pleasure from this gift.

DSCF3497Spring bulbs for Mother’s Day

My son, on the other hand, tells me that Mother’s Day is a load of commercial clap trap and he is having nothing to do with it. At least he is consistent with his views, he hasn’t sent me a gift or a card for many years. I usually make a point of phoning him just to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to him!

Technorati Tags: ,

No comments: