Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Another Voucher – lucky me!

My friend Kathryn was calling around after work and so we asked her to stay on for tea. Luckily she liked the corned beef that I had simmering away in the crock-pot, and I whipped up a cheese cake for dessert. Just because we had a guest, you understand. It turned out quite big, so I think we will be having cheese cake for several nights in a row.

Kathryn wanted to make sure I received my birthday card in plenty of time, especially as we are going away caravanning in the weekend and won’t be home on my actual birthday. She gave me a lovely little Christmas dish, “to put nibbles in while we are away in the caravan over Christmas”, she told me. And………because I’m turning 65 and retiring, she then presented me with a voucher from Thimble and Threads, my local quilting shop. After all, it’s a special birthday, she told me. How lucky am I! Kathryn wants to learn quilting “one day”, so of course I will be more than happy to get her started, when she is ready.

DSCF4460 Another birthday voucher

No comments: