Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

My birthday is finally over

Two more parcels arrived from overseas from my quilting pen-friends and now my birthday is finally over.  It is so nice to get parcels in the mail, instead of bills!  Rose from UK sent me a parcel containing several interesting things.  She had made the lovely little purse, using floral  fabric that is very similar to our native pohutakawa blossoms.  Here in N Z  we call the pohutakawa tree the New Zealand Christmas tree, as it is covered in red blossoms tipped with yellow and always flowers in time for Christmas.  Inside the purse was a brooch and a charm, and Rose sent me a lovely Christmas panel as well.  We have been lucky to meet Rose and her beloved Bill (now sadly passed away) on our two trips to England. 
DSCF7927 Goodies from Rose in UK
My last parcel came from Carol, in South Dakota.  Carol and I have been corresponding for many years, in fact she was my very first quilting pen-friend.  We have shared such a lot over the years, letters, photos, news of family and of course our quilting stories too.  Carol sent me a half metre of fabric showing all the States, plus two pins.
DSCF7926 From Carol, USA
It has certainly been an exciting few weeks with several parcels arriving for me.  But my extended birthday is finally over, thank goodness says Robin, I'm sure he thinks it has gone on much too long! 

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

Oh, I really like that US fabric! I've never seen it before. Is the state of Iowa on it? Can you please tell me the manufacturer and any other selvage information?