Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Looking over Lake Hawea

Life can’t get much better than this.  Here we are, sitting outside the caravan in the brilliant sunshine.  The view over Lake Hawea is breathtaking – we feel that we could well be in heaven!
DSCF0411 Looking from our camp site over Lake Hawea
It’s time to get on with my stitching, I decided, while I’ve been relaxing in the sun.  The herb cushion for my daughter is coming along slowly.  Now I’ve finished stitching the words in black, and the herb planter box in timber brown, I’m all ready to start on the various herbs, all in various colours of green. 
DSCF0414 Getting on with my stitching
The scenery in this part of New Zealand is amazing, the mountains and lakes are on such a grand scale.  We are enjoying our time here at Lake Hawea and will shortly be travelling over to the wild West Coast area.  If you are interested, please do pop over to our travel blog on
www.romanyrambler.blogspot.com   to catch up with our travels.

2 comments:

By Hoki Quilts said...

Be prepared for stunning scenes and amazing wildlife when you visit our stretch of NZ. At the moment the Wild West Coast is in its finery with brilliant sunshine and warm temps.
See you soon ; )
hugs - Miche'le

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

are you coming near Twizel, let me know if you are, it truly is a must see place!