Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Belated Mother’s Day gift

I had a Mother’s Day gift waiting for me when we stayed with my daughter and her family last week.  We were still on our South Island holiday in May and Nicky told me she would keep the parcel till our return.  There was  no sense posting it when we were due to visit the family last weekend. 

The nicely wrapped parcel contained a pot of “body butter”.  Made with rose hip and orange, it smelt good enough to eat.  Also in the parcel was a small sheer cloth printed with tea pots and tea cups highlighted with gold thread.  (The photo doesn’t do it justice).  The brand name Armando Caruso was printed in a corner.  “Is it a hanky?”, I asked - at 17in square, it seemed a little large.  “You can use it in your sewing if you want”, was the reply.  Mmm, that’s a possibility, or maybe I’ll use it as a plate cover if I have a posh afternoon tea!

DSCF1905 Printed with tea pots and tea cups

No comments: