Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

D is for Dog

I’m running a little late with my A-Z block challenge this week.  What with being away in the caravan for a week, then staying glued to the TV watching the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games, time has run away with me.

It probably is not much of a surprise that D is for Dog.  And what a cute little puppy it is too.

DSCF2054 D is for Dog

Just over 29% of households in New Zealand own a dog.  Medium and large breeds are most popular but there is a definite trend towards smaller breeds, and there are plenty of “designer dogs” around these days.

Although we are a cat household, I have been a dog owner in the past.  I had a cute little black and tan spaniel called Joey when I was  a young teen, and loved taking him out for walks.  Sadly, he ventured too close to the road one day and lost his life when he was struck by a car.  Then when I was a young Mum, I owned two pretty little Maltese, Bobo and Angie.  I used to drag my young family around to dog shows for a year or two until I decided it was wasn’t fun anymore.  Those were the days.

1 comment:

Katie said...

A very cute puppy!

We are very much dog people. I have to be since I'm allergic to cats. But right now, while the dogs are shedding heavily in the hot weather, I'm not so fond of them. :-)