Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

H is for Horse

This week’s block in my A-Z Challenge is H for Horse.  My horse and foal came from a piece of left over backing fabric from a previous project.  I’ve never really had much to do with horses in my younger days.  If I’m honest, I’m a wee bit afraid of them.  Horses are so big, and then they have great big clompy feet too!

DSCF2583 H is for Horse

My two grand-daughters and their Dad don’t share my fear.  They are all very keen riders and take part in all manner of events and competitions.  Both girls have had their share of falls and broken bones while riding, but that hasn’t seemed to dampen their enthusiasm one little bit.   Some years ago when they were much younger I stitched both girls quilts for their beds.  Emma’s quilt was full of horses, just what she wanted.

Horse quilt Emma’s horse quilt

Younger grand-daughter Megan’s quilt showed her life on the farm.  There are a couple of horse blocks, as well as her Dad Robert on his big blue tractor, Babe the Border Collie, Fanta the cat, sheep, a calf and some chooks, all found on the property. 

Life on the Farm at Kiwitea 2 Megan’s quilt “Life on the Farm at Kiwitea”.

No comments: