Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Call me Predictable

I could have picked any colour fabric from my stash to stitch my new peg apron, but I just couldn’t help myself.  I love to wear blue, even if it is just a trip outside to the clothesline.   Call me predictable – but that’s the way it is.

My old peg apron has had a long and useful life but the many years of service has worn a hole or two in the fabric.  And look, there are some running repairs which I had done in the past.  It high was time it was replaced.  I had several navy and white fat quarters which I decided to use in combination.  As for the pattern, I just laid my old peg apron flat and cut a pattern from newspaper – easy peasy. 

DSCF5812
Here is the peg apron - but where is the washing?

The fabric I used is very interesting,  and was a gift from a pen-friend several years ago.  There are large logos printed on the back of the fabrics stating:  Manufactured by Da Gama Textile Co ltd, South Africa, Three Leopards Trademark.  Not sure how common it is in South Africa, maybe it is made for the dress fabric market.  Does anyone know?

DSCF5778 Printed logo on back of fabric

3 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

You're predictable! ;-)

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Hello
Yes it is made for the dress market. The pictures on the back are for shoppers who can't read English so they can recognize their Favourite fabric. Trust you washed it before you used it? Or perhaps your friend did for you as it is usually as stiff as a board. Needs lots of washing to get excess dye out.
Lovely apron
Linda

Bev C said...

Hello Jenny,

I have some of this material, my Sister bought it for me from the Stone Store in Keri Keri. The ladies in the store wear old fashioned dresses made from this fabric. There was a information sheet that came with it. It is somewhere deep in my sewing room. If you give them a ring they may be able to help you. They sell a lot of material like this.

Happy days.
Bev.