Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Meeting of the Bloggers

Like most of us, I’m sure, I read various blogs.  And while we have been staying at Taupo I was kindly invited to the home of two very special quilting bloggers.  Peggy and Linda warmly welcomed us inside, and it was so nice to put faces to names.

DSCF6081 Peggy and Linda

These lovely ladies are sisters, and both share a passion for quilting, taking me on a tour through their home to see various quilts hanging up.   Peggy loves Crazy Patch quilting and showed me this beauty full of lace, fancy stitching, baubles and beads.  It was finished off with a scalloped border.

DSCF6082 Peggy’s crazy patch quilt

DSCF6088Selection of Healing Heart blocks, waiting to be made up

Linda is a long arm quilting machine maestro and is currently awaiting delivery of her new machine.  All machine quilting is done free-hand, no computerised or follow-the-line patterns for this expert.  Here she is showing some of her designs used in this quilt.

DSCF6084 Linda with her star quilt

DSCF6089On the design wall

I had a lovely time speaking “quilt talk”,  was shown the trick on how to do “magic binding”, so will certainly try that when I return home.  We met two of the cats, and spotted the resident chickens out in the yard.  Kaiser is a big boy, and would make mincemeat of our dainty little Birman Muffy, who is about a quarter of his size.  Luckily she was sound asleep back in the caravan.

DSCF6087 Kaiser and companion.

Thanks ladies, it was so nice to meet a couple more friendly quilt bloggers. – it really made my morning!  Linda’s blog is Razzle Dazzle Quilter, and Peggy’s blog is Kiwi  Klippings.  Do pop over and have a look.

DSCF6085

No comments: