Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Quilty Birthday Gifts

It’s always fun opening parcels from quilty friends.  I have several pen friends who share my passion for P&Q and we have been corresponding for quite some time.  We don’t bother with Christmas gifts these days but usually share a small gift on birthdays.  I’ve been saving my parcels till the big day, and I found these delightful gifts inside.

Carol from South Dakota had made me  a Coffee Mug cover with a difference.  It has pockets to pop pens and pencils in, so I think it is made for storage rather that to keep the coffee warm.  It comes complete with a pin of an American Angel.

PA230059Coffee cup cover

And look at this beautiful little sea horse which was made by Janet from Cromer in UK.  I’ve had a good look and it seems that the body is made from lots of different sparkly snippets of fabric and thread under a layer of organza.  Such a lot of work – I just love her.  She has to be a girl, as she is so pretty and sparkly, don’t you think?

PA230061 My sea horse from Cromer

Rose lives close by the New Forest in southern England and sent me these two fabrics which she says are the seasonal colours of the forest now the days are getting cooler.  We have been lucky enough to have twice visited this area and  travelled along the winding roads, catching glimpse of the world famous New Forest ponies.  The New Forest was originally a royal hunting preserve, and the thriving working forest  has survived for nearly 1000 years.

PA230057 Fabrics from Rose

So I had a great birthday, with a bit too much yummy food.  And I haven’t even started on my choccies yet, but I expect I will have to share them with Robin.  We are off today on a 4 day caravan trip over Labour Weekend, and have packed my Christmas quilt and the handy unpicker so hopefully I will get a bit of time to work on undoing that machine quilting which I messed up.  Or not, I’ll see how things go.

1 comment:

Annette said...

Many Happy Birthday wishes to you Jenny, hope you've had a wonderful day. Take care, Annette