Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, May 2, 2014

Angels in Gumboots

Although I’m on the mailing list for Angels in Gumboots, in Ashhurst, this was my first opportunity to call in and see this shop.  I met up with the owner Tracey who had a stand at the Kowhai Quilters exhibition in Feilding a couple of months ago.  We are currently away in our caravan for the weekend, camping at the Ashhurst Domain Camp Ground, read about it here on our other blog.

P5020027

I chatted to the friendly ladies at the shop, and was given permission to take photos.  Each quilt shop is different, and has it’s own particular personality.  There is a nice range of fabrics, threads, buttons and such-like, and a lovely large class room too.

P5020022

P5020024 Goodies on display

I found a couple of green fat quarters to take home which will work well in the quilt I’m making for my daughter, and bought some fusible web for appliqué too.  There were lots of lovely quilts on display.  I particularly loved this beautiful Lone Star quilt, done in a large floral fabric and a black back-ground.

P5020021 Lone Star quilt

P5020023Colourful row by row quilt

P5020025Stitchery Block of the Month

If you are passing by Ashhurst, do pop in to Angels in Gumboots, you will be made most welcome. 

3 comments:

Nancy J said...

Wow, I didn't know about this one Jenny, definitely on the list to visit. Enjoy the weekend, getting very cool here at night, almost a frost on the grass this morning, a tiny bit on the roof. Cheers, Jean.

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, thanks for your kind words... It was lovely to meet you too. Would just like to say that Liz is the owner, but thanks :-! Lol... I am going to enjoy keeping up with your travels. If you have facebook you can visit us there too.

Annette said...

Lucky you Jenny!! my DH won't stop at patchwork shops, this shop looks lovely, their BOM stitchery has caught my eye, will check to see if they have a website. My sister & BIL get away as often as you in their van. Take care xx