Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Saturday, June 7, 2014

And today I ………..

Oh dear – I’ve been busy and the kitchen has the smell of vinegar today.  Yesterday I purchased a big bag of capsicums (also known as bell peppers to those from other lands), sliced them all up with onions, sprinkled with salt and left the bowl in the fridge overnight.  Then today the capsicums were carefully rinsed and drained, and placed in my big soup pot with vinegar and sugar.  It all bubbled away for a while and this is what I’ve got to show for it.  Three jars of delicious capsicum chutney.  Yummy on cold meat, and spread on crackers with cheese.  Next time, I’ll buy two big bags and make even more.

P6070025 Capsicum chutney

It may be a lot of work, but I just love cooking up batches of jam, chutney, or suchlike.  Perhaps a batch of lemon honey will be cooked up next?  In my view, nothing beats homemade jam, and it looks so nice tucked away in the pantry.

I’ve just completed knitting another cotton duster, using up some of the knitting cotton I purchased from my op shop bargain find last month. 

P6070027 Another knitted duster

Then I played a game of pass the parcel with the laundry.  Hung it out on the clothesline in the morning, rescued it from the rain after lunch, and re-hung it all on the clothes airer in the garage.  Our cat Muffy was feeling left out from all my activity, and wandered around the house looking most unsettled.  So I picked her up, put her on my lap, and gave her coat a good comb through.  She loves getting groomed and helps out by licking a leg or two as I am wielding the comb.  There, now she looks prettier than ever.

P6070028 Our old girl Muffy

Now, when can I get back to my sewing machine?  I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms.  Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

That looks so tasty, and I'm sure will be used in no time at all. Cheers,Jean.