Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, June 27, 2014

Getting ready for UFO night

It may be raining and chilly, but that’s not going to stop me.  My quilt club has a UFO Night planned for this evening and I’m gathering up my things to take along.  I’ve decided that I’m not lugging my heavy sewing machine along tonight, so will concentrate on some hand work.  But what to take?  I’ve got several things to work on.  Like the little kiddies jumper I’ve finished knitting and just needs stitching up.  Then I’ve got some secret hand stitching for a birthday or two – hope to work on that as well.

And not forgetting my new yo-yo project.  My recently purchased Yuletide Yo-Yos pattern by Indigo Junction  features a Santa, a Snowman and a Reindeer.  I’m going to have a go at the reindeer first, and so far have cut out circular template shapes from heavy interfacing, and strips of cream/beige Christmas fabric.  I’d better get busy and cut out some circles all ready for tonight.  I think I know how to make yo-yos (also known as Suffolk Puffs)  but I’m hoping that one of the ladies at the hall tonight can give me a couple of hints.

P6270002

P6270001 Strips cut for my reindeer

My plate of food to take along for the shared meal is all ready – so I had better get busy and start cutting those 75 circles out.

No comments: