Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, January 23, 2015

First Finish of the Year

Have you ever thought something was a good idea – then it turned out not so good after all?  That’s what happened to me when I made new cushions for our newish caravan.  The cushions I made were OK, but didn’t quite have the look I was going for.  I put up with not liking them for a few months, then decided enough was enough – they had to go.  As I didn’t like my original fabric choice after all, I needed a rethink.  What to do?  Finally I had a light-bulb moment, and ordered some furnishing fabric from the factory in Hamilton where our caravan was built, as used in the caravan seating.  After waiting weeks and weeks it finally arrived by courier, and I remade the caravan cushions.

So I cut, and stitched, and got them all together.  I’m rather pleased with how they turned out, and being made from the same heavy fabric as the seating, I think they look very smart.  What do you think?

P1180005 My new caravan cushions

And these are the first cushions I made.  Which do you like better?  Please choose version two!

P8010013
The original cushion covers – now replaced by those above

8 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

I like both! But mostly it tickles me to see all that red in your caravan ;-)

Nancy J said...

Definitely #2 version, super design, maybe the others will do for spares if absolutely necessary.Not that I don't like the design, just the fabric and the way you made them is the best, at least IMHO ( in my humble opinion) !!

Jenny said...

Oh no Maryanne - that's not red at all. I don't like red - it's actually burgundy.

Annette said...

Luv both....but the 2nd set which I think you appliquéd would really "pop" with the burgandy trim you've used on the new cushions! The you can use both sets!

Katie said...

And here I was going to say I like the red too! :-)

Maria said...

Love the new set you made Jenny...

loulee said...

I can see where you were going with version one. If you prefer version two, that is all that matters.

NickiJ said...

I really love the version 2 cushions. They make the caravan look glam and are very easy on the eye. Coordination is always a winner!