Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, August 11, 2016

A little quiet Stitching

HI everyone, and thanks again for all your good wishes.  I have decided to take Annette’s advice and not “roll the dice” this week.  With a week chocker-block with appointments and a caravan club weekend away (on Friday) to look forward to, time wise it didn’t really work this week.  Sitting in my sewing room at the back of the house just didn’t appeal to me – so I didn’t!

But I have managed to a little quiet stitching, sitting outside on the patio with the birds keeping me company.  The bird feeder has been very popular, but the birds kept their distance for a while.  They were not too keen on me intruding in the space as I sat quietly at the table.  They lined themselves up on the fence and on next door’s roof, waiting to see if I would go away.

P1010086
The birds are playing the waiting game

They finally got enough courage up to come closer to the bird feeder, playing acrobats as the hung off this feeder and that feeder.  There were plenty of Hedge Sparrows, and I was pleased to see native birds too, Wax-eyes and Greenfinches.

P1010088

P1010090
All the birds came calling

While the birds were feeding, I was sitting quietly at the patio table doing a little stitching.  I’m working on “O is for Ornaments”, part of my Christmas ABC blocks.

P1010091

And here’s one I finished earlier – “N is for Noel”.  These stitcheries are based of Michelle Ridgeway’s  Alphabet Noel design booklet.

P1000803
N is for Noel

My stitching bag will definitely get packed away in the caravan for the weekend, and hopefully I will get a little time to do some more work on the letter O.  If not, it doesn’t matter – there is no timetable in place for this project.  Hope everyone has a nice weekend too.

8 comments:

Janice said...

No dice roll sounds very sensible. It's nice to sometimes stitch with no pressure. I know what you mean about taking stitching away. I have one project in particular that should be earning frequent flyer points, but never seems to progress very much.

Annette said...

Well done Jenny.....enjoy the sunshine! xxx

Nancy J said...

Enjoy the weekend, another frost here this morning, and let that dice stay hidden, no agenda, or deadlines sounds so good to me. Lovely alphabet lettering, and if that doesn't have to be done by a certain date, you'll enjoy it even more.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Nothing nicer than a little quiet stitching to soothe the soul. Enjoy your weekend xx

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love your photos of the birds and your stitching looks great. I hope you have a nice weekend :)

Raewyn said...

A great way to spend some time, to sit and stitch while watching the birds :-) Lovely stitcheries - I love Michelle's designs.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your stitching and I believe it is balm for the soul. Nothing better than mother nature's happy little beings surrounding you!

Jayne Honnold said...

You enjoy the same things I do - stitching and bird watching! Thanks for sharing your little bit of the world - the opposite end of my world, at that. I read back through several other of your posts and see you are battling breast cancer. My prayers for your complete recovery!!