Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 7, 2016

Cushion for Emma

I obviously miscalculated when I was whipping up nine patch blocks for Emma’s horse quilt and have a pile left over.  So I decided to utilise a few and make her a cushion.  A big cushion, using four of the black and grey blocks.  She can use the cushion on her bed, artfully arranged “just so” on top of her new quilt (read about the quilt here).  Or maybe she would like to cuddle up to her new cushion on the couch. 

P1010060
Emma’s big cushion

After days of cold, wet, miserable weather, it was great to see the sunshine again.  With the washing hanging on the clothesline outside in the sun, I’m a very happy camper indeed.  And I’ve been busy in the kitchen too, and made some tasty leek and potato soup for lunch.   Yum – I’m a real home made soup lover, although Robin is not so keen.  My reply to him – just be thankful you have a nice wife who cooks you soup and looks after you so well!

P1010059
Leek and potato soup for lunch

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

Ditto to what I would say here!!! Lovely big cushion, they are so much prettier when a really good size. Big frost here this a.m. about minus 2.4C at some stage.

Chantal said...

Love the cushion so I went over and had a look at the quilt. WOW! Great job! Fantastic. She must be so happy. Love it too. ;^)

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks to me like Emma and Robin are really well cared for. Love the pillow. Thanks for sharing it with Oh Scrap!

Maria said...

Love Emma's cushion... My hubby doesn't like soup either...

Lis Harwood said...

A fabulous cushion, small ones are so silly and useless! I love homemade soup, onion-free of course!!

NickiJ said...

Love the bonus cushion. I like the edging, I will need to learn how to do that.