Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, December 9, 2016

Just look at those Shoes

I’m certainly not a patch of Dorothy of Wizard of Oz fame in her sparkly red shoes.  Mine are much more serious, they are a pair of bowling shoes!  Not to keep, just on loan for an hour or so while I got all "sporty".  Don't laugh - I'm the least sporty person I know!

P1030082

I’m part of a nice little group of “ladies who lunch” from our village, and we do enjoy our monthly outings.  Then it was suggested that with Christmas coming up fast, we could invite our spouses too one evening, and we all went bowling, followed by a meal at the café.  Our group was put into two teams, and the games began.  Needless to say, my technique left a lot to be desired, and I wasn’t the one in our team who scored the most points.  But never mind, its not about winning, as far as I’m concerned, just about having fun.

P1030085
There I go, bowling the ball

After we all had ten goes, the winners were announced, sadly no ladies, but two of the husbands. Congratulations to Bruce and Graham.

P1030091
The winners of the two teams

The bowling shoes came off, and we all retired to the café for our evening meal.  The food was great, and very reasonably priced.

P1030093P1030095

It was a fun night, in good company, and we are sure to return sometime in the future.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Such a fun outing, Jenny. :)

Nancy J said...

That has always been such fun, and a café afterwards, a real bonus.

Janice said...

What a lovely way to end the year. It must have been great fun.

Maria said...

LOL I'm not a bowler either but it is a fun outing..pleased you all had fun.

Anonymous said...

I haven't bowled in decades, but I used to love it. Never good at it, but it was fun. Looks like you had a good time, too.