Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Wet weather stitching

It’s been a wet and wild week, just right to sit inside and do a little stitching.  I’m working away on my “Winter Welcome” wall-hanging and it is a relatively small project.  It started off like this – the Welcome banner I had stitched earlier, plus a handful of fabrics to get on with the rest of the job.

P1040343
It started like this

I needed to make one small log cabin block, and attach the applique to a couple of other blocks.  This pattern was a gift from my quilty pen friend Carol who had also included some pretty starry blue fabric pieces for the applique background, and some dark strips to use in my log cabin.  I stitched the applique by machine, and stage two looks like this.

P1040344
Stage two, log cabin block and applique done

Those little applique blocks needed some simple stitching to bring them to life, so that was my task yesterday afternoon after being out and about in the bad weather for most of the day.  I’m no great shakes as an embroiderer, but I’m pleased with my efforts of a bit of back stitch on the church and tree, and a couple of knots and x’s on the snowman’s head.

P1040378
Hand stitching added

The job today is to stitch all the pieces together and add the borders.  So I’m getting there, slowly but surely.

6 comments:

Nancy J said...

This is so pretty, and the tree and Church Crosses are beautiful. Another good day to stay inside.

Tired Teacher said...

Well done! Your stitching made the snowman and the church come to life.

Lisa J. said...

This is a very sweet little project.

loulee said...

Looking good.
I have to say the weather is only marginally better down here in Timmers! Wet, wet, wet.

Karen @runsewfun said...

This is coming along nicely. I especially like the branches on the tree.
PS You home is beautiful!

Maria said...

It's looking sew pretty , look forward seeing the wall hanging completed.