Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Final ABC Christmas Blocks done

After goodness knows how long, I’ve finally completed stitching the last of my Christmas ABC blocks.  These are to bring my blocks up to a more manageable 30 blocks instead of the original 26, and I will probably put them in the four corners of my quilt.  Without further ado – my last two blocks, hot off my needle are these.

P1050546
My recently completed blocks

These last four are also Michelle Ridgeway designs, so will fit right in with my Christmas ABC blocks which I stitched from her book of lovely Christmas designs, Alphabet Noel.

P1050545
And the extra four corner blocks all shown together

This has been my “Slow Stitching” project, so it didn’t really matter how long it took me to complete.  And I’ve enjoyed stitching every little block.  Now, with all the blocks completed, it’s time for this project to move on to the next phase.  It will be added to my “List of Six” projects to be assembled shortly.

And I still have another half completed stitchery project waiting in the wings, plus a little hand quilting to do, so there will be plenty to keep me busy.

4 comments:

Nancy J said...

They are all delicate and beautiful.And when it comes to the quilting, travel north and have a try on the Gammill. A friend has taken the motor away to wire in a new plug, another friend is going to fit 6 new self levelling feet, so I will let you know when it is up and running.

Tired Teacher said...

These are sweet blocks. It will be fun to see them transform into a quilt.

CathieJ said...

These blocks are adorable. I am looking forward to see them assembled.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Well done Jenny! I look forward to seeing it all together xx