Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Jeans Bag

I have been working to a deadline over the last week. My elder grand-daughter Emma’s birthday was fast approaching and as usual I had left my stitching till the last minute. Hope she likes the casual shoulder bag made from a recycled pair of jeans that I have made for her.

DSCF2012 Jeans shoulder bag

The pattern is from Patchwork & Stitching vol 12 no 4, designed by Jan Knight. I made a few minor changes (as you do) and decided to add wider plain shoulder strap instead of the narrow plaited one in the pattern. The bag has an inner lining and the existing pockets can still be used. Looks quite good, even if I do say so myself!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenny, I think it looks great too. I have been planning to make one for ages and you have inspired me.
Prue
ps Tom is my son and I am using his google account

Linda Robertus said...

What a great bag! I'm sure she'll love it!

Janet M. Davies said...

Your bag looks great. :)

Design a great day,
Janet M. Davies - New Zealand
http://www.jmddesigns.co.nz
http://www.weekendwinner.blogspot.com/

Birdydownunder said...

fabulous bag for a busy Young Lady. Looks great and I bet it holds a lot.

Lis Harwood said...

She'll love it, it's cool.