Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Button Cushion for Barbara and Bill

Barbara and Bill are caravan club friends. They recently celebrated their Golden Wedding Anniversary on Armistice Day, and I wanted to make them something special.  Barbara loves buttons and has a huge collection in many beautifully shaped glass jars.   I made them a cushion featuring a jar with a red lid and stitched a selection of buttons inside the jar. The brown fabric used is particularly suitable as it is printed with little jars of buttons with red tops.  I gave them their new cushion at our weekend caravan rally.
DSCF8269 Bill and Barbara with their new cushion
Barbara and Bill were very touched with the gift, and Barbara spent a lot of time looking at all the buttons I had stitched on. She proudly showed it off to the other caravan club ladies, and I know it has gone to a good home.  It will find a place on the couch amongst the knitted cushions Barbara has made and decorated with some of her own button collection.
DSCF7864Jar of Buttons cushion

No comments: