Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, December 19, 2011

It was a good buy!

I’m up to the last metre of my “ever so useful” Christmas fabric.  This was purchased as a 20m roll several years ago in a post Christmas sale at 75% off the full price, so I bought it at a really cheaply.  This cream fabric printed with Merry Christmas in red and green has been used as backing for one large (sadly still not completed) and innumerable smaller Christmas quilts, and as the backing of my Christmas stitchery cushion covers.
DSCF8410 My Christmas backing fabric
Last year I made two Christmas aprons with an “Old World” Father Christmas appliquéd on the bib, one for myself and one for my daughter.  Nicky’s apron was made from cream homespun and I used the Christmas fabric for mine.
  DSCF5053 Nicky and Jenny modelling the Christmas aprons
And just in time for Christmas this year, I have completed two sets of placemats – will show these after Christmas.  Once again, I used my handy fabric as the backing.  No doubt I will find another small Christmas project to stitch next year, to use the remainder of my fabric up.  There’s no doubt about it, that roll of fabric was certainly a good buy!

1 comment:

FlourishingPalms said...

It's cute fabric. I've had a couple of favorite fabrics over the years too, but usually they're some neutral or white that goes with everything. I've never had a favorite Christmas print, but it's not a bad idea! Gosh, if I did, maybe someday I'd even get around to making a Christmas quilt!