Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Rummaging in the box

Do you have a box (or bag) like this?  Mine is full of little bits and pieces of fabric, and left over strips from bindings.  I was looking for a little piece of a particular fabric, and sure enough, there it was, just what I had been looking for.  I am slowly writing up my quilt journal of all the projects I have made and like to add a piece of each fabric as I go.  Usually, I have kept photos and swatches, but not this time.  Thank goodness I found what I was looking for.

DSCF2068 My box of small scraps

I don’t usually keep such small pieces of fabric but hidden away in the box is an old copy of a Traditional Quiltworks magazine from long ago.  The idea was that “one day”   I just might get around to making this quilt out all all my little scraps.  Who knows?  Perhaps I will, or perhaps I won’t.  But the magazine will stay where it is, just in case I get inspired.  And I know where to go and rummage around for that piece of missing fabric.

DSCF2069

No comments: