Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

E is for Elephant

This week I have chosen E for elephant for my A-Z Challenge. 

DSCF2056 E is for Elephant

Some years ago I made a small elephant wall hanging for a friend’s 50th birthday, and had a spare elephant for this block.  Denise had a “thing” for elephants and I appliquéd mother and baby elephant, and finished the wall hanging off with echo quilting. 

Elephants 2 Denise loves elephants

Wellington Zoo was always an exciting place to visit.  As a young Mum I can remember taking my two children to have a ride on Kamala the elephant. How excited we were as we climbed up the steps to the platform, then slid onto our seats way up high on Kamala’s back, hanging on tight as we lurched about as the elephant took us for a walk.  Watching the elephant take her bath was always a big event too, for children and adults alike.  Those were the days, but on reflection it is a good thing that such practises have ceased.  It must be such a thrill to see elephants in the wild.

No comments: