Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pin, Stitch and Press

It’s a miserable rainy Sunday so what could be better than spending some “quality time” in my sewing room?  But what to work on?  I’ve plenty of options but decided that I really felt like starting on the runner for the coffee table.  The strips were cut out, and as directed, I had already sewn some squares on to the end of half of them.  But before I started, perhaps I should read the pattern thoroughly.  It looked easy, but I couldn’t quite figure out how to put it all together.  Finally, the light bulb went on in my tiny brain, and I was away, pinning, stitching, then pressing.  Up and down, up and down, just like a jack-in-the-box, going from the sewing machine to the ironing board and back again.  All this exercise has got to be good for me!

DSCF6222 Pressing time

Things are very compact here in our new house.  I use the top of chest freezer to do my cutting out, as it is just the right height for me.  Then I’ve set the ironing board up in front of the freezer and the laundry corner.  It may look a bit squashed, but I really do have enough room.   This is at the far (house) end of the internal garage, and my sewing room is just through the hallway. 

‘There's just the borders to do now, but I’ll leave that till tomorrow.  Such a miserable wet Sunday deserves a roast dinner with perhaps apple crumble to follow, so I had better get on and start getting everything in the oven.  There’s nothing nicer than a home cooked meal made with love, is there?

1 comment:

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Runner. Looking good.
You are so right, home cooked with love is just the best.
Linda