Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, September 23, 2013

In praise of Parsley

Years ago, when I was just a little girl of three or four, I had my first introduction to parsley.  My Mother took me to visit a friend of hers, and we stayed for lunch, scrambled eggs with parsley mixed through.  I looked at my plate and asked, “what’s that green stuff?”.  My Mother was horrified with my lack of manners, and told me to be quiet and eat my lunch up.  Oh dear, I was a quiet little thing back then, and getting told off was the end of the world.  What had I done wrong?  I really didn’t know what that green stuff was in my scrambled eggs!

Here in our new home, I have a parsley plant in the garden that is growing so well.  Now I’m grown up, I know all about putting some of this tasty herb in scrambled eggs these days.

P9170001 Parsley plant in the garden

I made some Cheese Puffs recently, and although the recipe didn’t specify it, I added chopped parsley to the mixture.  They were so delicious, hot and cheesy, with the hint of parsley taste.  Quick and easy to make, just the thing to whip up next time I have visitors coming, I think
.
P9170011 Cheese puffs with added parsley

Did you know that parsley is the world's most popular herb? It derives its name from the Greek word meaning "rock celery".  It is chock full of vitamins K, C, and A, as well as folate and iron.   Guess I’ll have to find some more recipes that I can add more of my parsley to.  Mr Google knows everything, so that’s a good place to start.

2 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Delicious!! Recipe please ma'am?

Razzle Dazzle Quilter said...

Yum oh. I adore parsley. Especially with scrambled eggs.

My family say that I like a little scrambled egg with my parsley!

That's how ott I go.

Cheers

Linda