Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Ladies who Lunch, and Pete’s Emporium

The Caravan Club ladies met for lunch yesterday at Denny’s Restaurant, in Porirua, nine of us, so it was an excellent turn-out.  This was a first for several in our group who had not been to this establishment before.  I wasn’t the only one who had trouble making up my mind in choosing something to eat.  Mind you, the menus were quite extensive, and by the time I had read right through from from to back, I had forgotten what there was.  So I had to check it once again, and try and decide if I would perhaps like this dish more than that one.  Or what about over the page?  After a lot of umming and ahhing we all finally made our decision, and our lunch orders were taken. 

P6240001 The Caravan ladies all ready to eat their lunch

My choice was Salmon Benny – Eggs Benedict with smoked salmon, and a couple of others chose the same.  Very tasty it was too.  Several chose the roast pork, and what a huge serving that turned out to be.  Dot decided that her pork crackle was much too soft and nowhere near crackly enough, and asked to have it replaced.  I took her original pork crackle off her hands and ate it up, no trouble at all.

P6240005 Now that’s more like it.

Those huge roast meals proved much too much for our ladies to finish, and a couple asked for doggy bags to take the left-overs home.  As well as the polystyrene box to put the food in, they were also given a branded fabric shopping bag to carry it in.

P6240006 Lorraine and her left-overs

After the meal I had a visit to Pete’s Emporium, an Aladdin's Cave of crafty goodies.  You could spend ages in here, there is so much to see.  I was after 10 metres of  heavy cream coloured cotton lace, and found just what I wanted, at a very reasonable price too.  This is for a project I’ve been planning for a while, so I’m keen to get started.

P6240008Lots of sparkly lace and braid

P6240010 Tiny dolls in jars

I don’t know about any one else, but with what I would like to make, plus my generous number of UFOs and WIPs, I need to spend a lot more sewing than I currently do.  Seems to be a problem for most of us,  I feel..

1 comment:

Nancy J said...

Pete's is "The place" we always visit when travelling south to Wellington, a super Aladdin's cave sort of place with everything you could dream of.
lunch looked so good too, Cheers,Jean