Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Friday, August 1, 2014

A Friday Finish - for the Caravan

At last - I’ve finally finished my extra project I’ve been working on.  So what have I been making?  Some new cushions for the new caravan.  Made three in grey homespun, with pale grey and burgundy appliquéd leaves, they tone in with the caravan upholstery.    So…… what do you think?  Robin thinks we won’t be able to find them against the seat backs!

P8010013 
New cushion covers for the caravan

Having purchased heaps of the grey homespun, I decided to make myself a matching apron for caravan wear.  I’m one of life’s apron wearers while I’m preparing and cooking food.  All because I’m a messy cook!    No particular pattern, just lay another one down on the fabric and cut around it.  I have a bit of a thing for aprons and always wear them in the kitchen.    I’m quite pleased with my appliqué burgundy leaves, they show up nicely against the plain grey.  So now I have a nice new one for the tiny caravan kitchen, nice and big with plenty of wrap-around.

P8010009 And a matching apron too

Now –what shall I sew next?  With so many UFOs to chose from, it’s not an easy question to answer.
l

1 comment:

Leeanne said...

Looks great! Red is my fav colour!