Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Monday, February 9, 2015

Missing in the Chaos

Do you ever have days like this?  I’ve been looking for days for a couple of things in my sewing room.  Looked on top of my sewing machine cabinet, there are all sorts of things lurking there.  In a basket beside my machine where I store a few yet to be started or not yet completed projects.  I flicked through a couple of likely looking fabric crates.  And checked out a bag full of bits and pieces hanging on the hat stand, with lots of other bags full of UFOs keeping it company. 

Then success – I found the first item I was looking for, several metres of fabric for the border of one of my UFOs.  But did I start to measure, cut and pin once I found the missing fabric?  No, that would be too easy.  However, I’ve tucked the border fabric away in the bag with the quilt top, so at least they are now together in one place. 

And I finally found the other item, a bag of strips and squares I had previously cut ready to stitch into some sashing strips and setting squares.  No wonder I couldn’t find them, they had fallen down to the floor between a basket and the settee.  This sort of thing is quite handy to use as leaders and enders while you sew other projects, which is what I did today.

P2090110 Finally found my little sashing strips

Although I spent some time stitching and pressing today, I haven’t completed anything.  But I stitched these sashings, and made four small pinwheel blocks.  Then I stitched and cut strips to make some scrappy 4 patches.  This was after I had hung a load of washing outside, done the ironing, and prepared our evening meal.  So although there is nothing completed to talk about, every little bit done is another step towards completion.  And I can pat myself on the back for finding those two missing items, can’t I?

3 comments:

MrsC (Maryanne) said...

Oh well done! I spend ages pulling my office apart last week to find a roll of waist band facing, a very rare product that a film company was after. I had to give up in the end and this morning I saw it right away on my desk behind the printer!!! Noone will want it ever again!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I identify so much. I just wrote a post about having a 'dithering' kind of day. Though not much accomplished in the sewing like I wanted to, I did do other things. I am so envious of you getting clothes out on your line. That alone is awesome.

Katie said...

Oh dear. I guess I should get up and go sew (or at least sort) instead of sitting here!! :-)