Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, June 4, 2015

Mustn’t Grumble

I really mustn’t grumble that I don’t have a lot of time to sit at my sewing machine.  Why?  Because we keep going away for trips in the caravan!  We were away for 5 nights recently and I thought I had packed some “things to do”, my knitting bag, and some hand stitching.  The knitting was a non event, and when I went to do some stitching, soon found that I had left most of it behind at home.  So that didn’t happen either.

As it was Queen’s Birthday Weekend in our part of the world, our caravan club members celebrated with a dress up extravaganza while we partook of High Tea.  And what a lot of very well dressed ladies we were, even if I do say so myself.  Everyone made a special effort of dressing correctly for this auspicious occasion, with many sparkly tiaras and crowns making an appearance.  Not to mention the fox fur, strands of pearls, long white gloves, fluffy feather boas, bow ties, and a top hat or two.

P5310041 Bevy of beauties in blue

Some set their tables with fancy table clothes, silver tea pot and dainty china cups.  And as for the High Tea offerings, we had everything from cucumber sandwiches, cakes and slices, and lovely squishy chocolate éclairs.  All very yummy indeed.

P5310034 High Tea is served

Now we are home again and we have unpacked and cleaned the caravan, and caught up with the laundry, hopefully I will get some stitching time in soon.

3 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Yes Jenny sometimes Life gets in the way of the sewing, LOL. We celebrate the Queen's Birthday here too and it marks the start of summer for us with many people opening their cottages then. I love high tea and I think you look so pretty in that photo with all the extra finery.

Jenny said...

It was fun getting dressed up - but goodness knows what the other people staying at the Motor Camp thought when we all wandered over to the kitchen in our best High Tea clothes!

NickiJ said...

What a great get together to celebrate the Queen! I loved the chocolate eclairs!!