Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Sewing

It’s an excellent way to start a Sunday morning, our family tradition of bacon, eggs and tomatoes for Sunday breakfast, ably cooked by Robin.  After that great start to the day I was more than ready to start work on this week’s UFO, my Christmas swap blocks of stars and nine patches.  This was an internet swap and I received a great variety of 6 1/2 inch blocks.

P1020480
Christmas blocks

After laying the blocks out in rows on our bed, and rearranging them a few times, as you do, I was ready to start sewing.  One after the other, the rows were securely pinned, stitched, pressed, and returned to the top of the bed.  I don’t have a great deal of spare floor space so the bed often gets called into use for sewing projects.  Just have to make sure that I don’t leave any pins lying about.  And this is what I’ve achieved so far.

P1020537
Christmas stars and nine patch blocks, getting there

I’m pleased with my Sunday sewing, so far.  Four rows done and three more to go.  There is certainly plenty of variety in the colours and fabrics used, and the blocks I have received will make a lap sized quilt – to go on the back of the couch perhaps.   I’ll have to wait until it is finished.  And on Monday  I’ll be rolling the dice again to see which of my UFOs I get to play with for the following week. 

3 comments:

Janice said...

Looking good. Great progress for a late start.

Jenny said...

Thanks Janice. Luckily the top is not too big so I've been motoring through the stitching.

Maria said...

Oh Wow Jenny the blocks looked fabulous sew far...