Welcome to tales of my stitching life, home, family and friends.

Thursday, April 19, 2018

And the Dice Rolls……Number 3

Another roll of the dice this weeks brings up number 3.  Out comes my list again to tell me that this is my 1930s baby quilt.  I received a gift of assorted 1930s fabrics when we caught up with my pen-friend Margaret in Birmingham, England, way back in 2008.  On our return home I purchased a few more fabrics and made these Cobblestone blocks.  And there they sat, and waited, and waited.

P1070148
1930s Cobblestone Blocks

Last time this UFO surfaced some months ago I had put all the blocks together.  I’m happy with the white sashing between the 1930s colours in the blocks – it gives the quilt a lovely crisp look, I feel.  Then I used up the remaining coloured squares on the pieced backing.  

P1070244
The completed top

Finally, the layers have been pinned together and I’ve started on the simple machine quilting.  With the bonus of a free weekend at home, I’m certainly hoping to get this project completed this week.

P1190380
Machine quilting

5 comments:

Janice said...

The colours are lovely and fresh. Good luck getting it finished. At least it isn't too big for quilting.

Chris said...

What a bright and cheery quilt that's going to be!

Tired Teacher said...

How lovely! The white sashing is perfect for the blocks. You'll have it finished in no time.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Your No. 3 is lovely. So fresh looking. Enjoy your weekend quilting x

Karen S said...

I hope you are successful. This is a delightful quilt!